The Joys Of White Wine
Red wines have been very popular lately, thanks to medical reports about their antioxidant and heart-protecting properties. It’s true that red wines are amazing, but that doesn’t mean the other less noticed kinds of wine are bad. White wines are in fact divine, when it comes to their subtle aroma and taste it’s more than the senses with a right amount of sweetness and delicately combined with mild sources.
Wine service at a nice restaurant can be an unneccessarily difficult ordeal. The following tips will allow you to follow the customs of wine service with ease and confidence.
Many people are confused about wine, especially whites. This makes many estranged from the joys of the cellar. For the uninitiated, here are some of the most common kinds of white wine:
1. Chardonnay – The most renowned type of white wine is very much befitting of the superstardom. This type of wine originated in France from grapes of the same name. Its flavor reminds one of the fruity tastes of pineapple, peach, citrus, apple combined with luscious tang of vanilla, oatmeal, and nuts. Chardonnay looks very elegant in a glass with its deep yellow to light greenish transparence.
2. Sauvignon Blanc – Another wine that hails from France, particularly around the Loire valley, the Sauvignon Blanc can also be found in New Zealand. Its flavor evokes freshness of the pastures around its area, reminding one of the aroma of freshly cut grass, giving the wine an herbaceous flavor with hints of fruits. It is best to enjoy this wine immediately as its fresh flavor doesn’t last long.
3. Chenin Blanc – another product of the Loire valley, this exceptional wine usually goes unnoticed as the underdog of the wine kingdom. However its flavors are truly magnificent with hints of tangy pineapple and lime combined with the sweetness of honey and licorice. This one lasts longer and can keep up to 10 years. Art of Wine Tasting.
4. Gewurztraminer – This one comes from Alsace, France. A wine with a louder character, with hints of spice and floral taste.
5. Pinot Gris – this crisp and smoky wine with hints of apricot comes from Alsace, North Eastern Italy, and New Zealand.
6. Riesling – a noble tea-like, honey flavored wine comes from Alsace or Clare Valley in France, or from Germany.
There are so many other kinds of white wines, all evoking elegant and luscious flavors that make them perfect companions for soft cheeses, white sauced pasta, fish and poultry. Of course one can have a glass with any meal or by itself depending on one’s preference.
When it comes to the joys and pleasures brought about by wine, whites can compete with reds. To know more about white wines, it is best to befriend a wine dealer. Cheers!
When choosing a wine from a restaurant’s wine list, the main goal is to accomplish a suitable pairing with the entrees of your party. If the food orders are too different to generalize with one wine, consider purchasing splits or ordering by the glass. Waiters and sommeliers are there to answer your questions, but availing yourself to their services and advice will be much more beneficial if your questions are relatively specific.
CASETiFY’s iPhone 15 Cases are now available! Go to https://www.casetify.com/phonebuff today to get 15% off your order today! Big thanks to CASETiFY for sponsoring this video. Drop test between the Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max and Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra to see which phone is more durable. Galaxy S23 Ultra at Samsung: https://howl.me/ckF5apYNDXO SUBSCRIBE HERE: […]
Welcome to Durability Test #3 featuring @eddiehallwsm Test 3 is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to complete, very few vehicles make it this far. Only the Toyota Hilux has made it to test #4. Enjoy 22 minutes of destruction. Subscribe to @whistlindiesel1000 to see me save thousands of innocent people.
Just How Wine is Made in Bordeaux Step by action description An enjoyable documentary @ Chateau Haut Goujon in Saint Emilion https://chateauhautgoujon.com/en/home/ Collecting Grappes was my 1st job and to be able to experience the process of what it requires to make white wine is something we have both intended to provide for a long […]
With Wines there is a Flavour for nearly any Taste Any enthusiast of red wines will inform you that an excellent taste buds is not something one is born with. There are essentially 4 types of white wine: red, white, blush (or increased), and champagne and contrary to popular belief, excellent white wine does not […]