There has been a renewed interest in Absinthe liquor about the world in the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in many countries. A few brands of Absinthe has been legalized in the United States since 2007 so there is much interest in the liquor in the US.
Everything about Absinthe Liquor?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit which was created for medicinal purposes as an elixir or tonic by the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. In between the 19th and 20th century it became famous in Switzerland and France.
Absinthe is flavored with herbs and prepared with a wine base. Basic herbal ingredients of Absinthe are common wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), which gives Absinthe it’s name and it’s bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice are other common herbs used in the Absinthe preparation.
There are many different types of Absinthe liquor:-
– Verte - This is the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe favored by the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and consumed by artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
– La Blanche is another name of La Blueu. All about a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear at the time of ban.
– Czech Style Absinth - Some Czech Absinthes are normal Absinthes but this term refers to "Absinths" which are actually wormwood bitters and do not have an anise flavor.
– Absenta a Spanish Absinthe has a sweeter flavor as it is made with Alicante Anise.
– The added ingredient of hibiscus flowers gives red color to Rouge or Rose Absinthe.
You can buy many different types and styles of Absinthe online- traditional styles and modern classics which are based on vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
As well as buying these different types of Absinthe beverages, you can also make your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.One can visit AbsintheKit.com to get essences. The four types of essences prepared by them are a classic green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a strong essence which makes an Absinthe with a stronger bitter wormwood flavor, and an orange flavored essence which is flavored with orange oil and makes a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All the essences are made using top-quality herbs and are distilled so you don’t have to worry about distilling, simply order online and then mix with vodka or Everclear for your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana such as replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons such as the Eiffel Tower spoon.
The strongness of Absinthe is much more than whisky or vodka. It is very easy to get drunk on Absinthe so care should be taken when drinking such a strong spirit!
A person can enjoy Absinthe and go through the colorful and interesting history of Absinthe liquor.
Permalink to ‘Introducing Absinthe Liquor’
Click here for more information about 'Introducing Absinthe Liquor'.