Recently, Frank applied for a job as a bouncer at one of the local discotheques. He had studied aikido, ninjitsu, judo, karate, and gatka for six years; he was a personal trainer; he took daily vitamins, minerals, and supplements; he was into health foods and healthy eating; and he seemed well suited for such a job. Actually, since he was concerned about his health, he started drinking in moderation about three years ago because he didn’t want to experience any negative alcohol effects on the body.

When Frank received the announcement that he had been chosen for the job, he was especially satisfied. Since this was a special disco, nevertheless, he had to go through a four week instructional class.

People At Bars Who Drink Too Much and Alcohol Poisoning Signs and Symptoms

On the first day of class, the teacher started talking about individuals who drink in an excessive manner and exhibit problem drinking and what the bouncers, bartenders, and barmaids should do when this situation arises. When the trainer started discussing alcohol poisoning, Frank was pleased to find out that all of the new bouncers, bartenders, and barmaids were required to learn about alcohol poisoning and what they should do when they saw a individual who was manifesting some of the symptoms of alcohol poisoning.

More exactly, all the new bartenders, bouncers, and barmaids learned that vomiting and nausea were almost without exception the first signs of alcohol poisoning and that unconsciousness was perchance the most highly identifiable alcohol poisoning sign or symptom. The teacher also made it a point to give emphasis to the fact that alcohol poisoning symptoms were messages from the body and from the brain that the drinker has consumed more alcohol than his or her body can metabolize.

There were, however, quite a few other symptoms and signs of alcohol poisoning that all the new bouncers, bartenders, and barmaids were taught to identify. For instance, the members of the class discovered that individuals who experience alcohol poisoning often have seizures, are difficult to awaken, exhibit poor reflex responses, and they exhibit confusion.

In addition, the students in the class learned that many people who have alcohol poisoning also exhibit blue tinged or pale skin; little response from painful stimuli, for instance from pinching; slow, shallow or irregular breathing; and slurred speech.

What is more, drinkers who have alcohol poisoning usually feel very ill and exhibit excessive vomiting, they often pass out, they exhibit an inability to make eye contact or sustain a conversation, and they often display erratic behavior.

A Teacher Explains Why An Alcohol Overdose is Not Inevitably Experienced Only by Alcohol Addicted Individuals

The instructor then explained that an alcohol overdose is not necessarily experienced only by alcohol addicted people.

More specifically, the trainer told the members of the class that most situations involving alcohol poisoning were more likely than not experienced by abusive drinkers and that a special type of abusive drinking called “binge drinking” was most likely the primary precipitating factor in most situations involving alcohol poisoning. The instructor then defined binge drinking as follows: ingesting five or more alcoholic drinks at one sitting for males and drinking four or more alcoholic beverages at one sitting for females.

To explain the effect that binge drinking has on alcohol poisoning, the lecturer told the class that a drinker who gets intoxicated just a few times every year, is by definition engaging in abusive drinking, is almost certainly not an alcoholic, but is more likely than not engaging in binge drinking. As declared by the lecturer, engaging in binge drinking even once, unfortunately, can result in alcohol poisoning that in some cases can be fatal.

The Teacher Clarifies Why Letting An Individual With Alcohol Poisoning Sleep is Not The Proper Plan of Action

One of the class members raised his hand and asked the teacher if it is a good idea to let an individual with alcohol poisoning "sleep it off." The teacher stressed the point that letting an individual with alcohol poisoning sleep is explicitly what should not be done because doing so places the person at risk due to the fact that he or she is no longer being observed. Moreover, letting the drinker sleep when she or he experiences alcohol poisoning is an incorrect response because the drinker may never awaken.

The teacher then explained to the members of the class that the most appropriate response for alcohol poisoning is the following: if it is suspected that a drinker has alcohol poisoning, call 911 and ask for emergency medical assistance, even if the person is underage. By taking this plan of action, the individual will get the prompt alcohol poisoning treatment he or she needs.

Summary

After learning about alcohol poisoning and especially about the signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning, it can be emphasized, Frank understood that he had learned some essential information that might save a person's life down the road. In actual fact, Frank learned that knowledge of the common alcohol poisoning symptoms and signs and knowing how to properly and quickly respond to such symptoms and signs (by promptly calling 911 and asking for emergency medical assistance) can help a drinker avoid a deadly case of alcohol poisoning.

Permalink to ‘A Twenty-Four Year Old Bouncer at A Highly Frequented Club Get Exceptional Training and Learns Why Alcohol Overdose Signs and Symptoms are So Important and How They Can Save A Drinker's Life’

Click here for more information about 'A Twenty-Four Year Old Bouncer at A Highly Frequented Club Get Exceptional Training and Learns Why Alcohol Overdose Signs and Symptoms are So Important and How They Can Save A Drinker’s Life'.