When you have bought or made your own Absinthehow to prepare it is the next issue because Absinthe is not like any other alcoholic beverage, it is usually served diluted with iced water. In La Belle Epoque in France and Switzerland the serving of Absinthe was done in the traditional manner. It is known as "The Ritual" or "La Louche" and is easy to learn.
Absinthe How to Prepare using The Ritual
To perform the Ritual, you will need the following:-
– Absinthe - A good quality Absinthe containing real herbal ingredients such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The Absinthe should contain thujone.
– One will need an Absinthe glass - An antique Absinthe glass or replica one. Replicas of antiques like Pontarlier glasses and Eiffel Tower spoons are available at AbsintheKit.com.
– Use a slotted Absinthe spoon.
– One can utilize a cube of sugar.
– Iced water in a carafe or in an Absinthe fountain.
– Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe into the glass.
– Place a cube of sugar on the Absinthe spoon which is resting over the rim of the glass.
– Iced water can be slowly drip over the sugar from the tap of the fountain or from a carafe. By slowly dripping it sugar will dissolve and drip through the slots of the spoon. A person can see a "louche" effect after mixing the water into the alcohol. As the essential oils of the herbs are soluble in alcohol but not in water so the Absinthe louches.
– One can enjoy the Green Fairy or the Absinthe.
The Bohemian or Czech Method
This method of preparing Absintheis not traditional but is a modern way of preparing cheap Czech Absinthes. The Bohemian method is scorned by many Absinthe followers.
You will need:-
– Get an Absinthe glass
– An Absinthe slotted spoon
– One can utilize a cube of sugar
– One must have a lighter or a match
– Iced water
Instructions and tips for using the Bohemian method:-
– Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe into the glass and dip the sugar cube into it to soak the sugar.
– Place sugar cube on the Absinthe spoon and rest on the rim of the glass.
– Set the sugar cube alight for one minute to allow the sugar to caramelize and melt. With the help of the slots of the spoon sugar is dropped into the Absinthe.
– A person is able to put out any flames and cause the Absinthe to louche by putting the spoon and pouring the iced water into it.
– This is the way of enjoying Absinthe drink.
* Care should be taken with this method because the Absinthe in the glass may set alight too *
Absinthe can also be used in many cocktails. Ernest Hemingway is famous about mixing it with champagne and called it "Death in the Afternoon".
One can know everything about Absinthe with the help of the various mysteries, stories and legends behind it. This way one can enjoy drinking this famous mythical drink.
Permalink to ‘How To Prepare Absinthe ?’
Click here for more information about 'How To Prepare Absinthe ?'.