Flavored vodkas, IPAs and red wine blends…oh my! A look back at 2012 and whats to come in 2013
POTOMAC, MD (PRWEB) December 21, 2012
At Total Wine & More stores across the country, the past year has been a spirited one; filled to the brim with inspiring changes in the wine, beer and spirits market. With the holiday season in full swing, what better time to look at trends from the past year, and predictions for the coming one from Total Wine & More experts.
Spirits – Flavored Vodkas: Flavored vodkas are nothing new on the shelves of Total Wine & More; what is new is the nearly insatiable demand for both traditional and creative flavors in 2012. Vodka makes for a clean canvas when layering on additional flavors, and this year has seen everything from strawberry and whipped cream to fresh cut grass. With so many choices, its no wonder that a quarter of all vodka consumed last year was in the flavored category.
- Beer – Growth and interest in IPAs: India Pale Ale has been growing in popularity for years, but in 2012 Total Wine & More saw a surge of breweries jumping on the trend and releasing versions of their own. Considering how well variations of the IPA did in the last year; like the Red IPA, Black IPA and White IPA, dont be surprised to see new and tasty iterations continue to hit the shelves.
- Wine – Red Blends: This past year winemakers seemed to have fun playing with the myriad of grape varietals to truly craft wine. People really like the idea of blending their favorite grapes into one bottle of wine, says Total Wine & Mores wine education manager Robb Kimbles. Just like a chef brings together the best of ingredients, spices and sauces to create an ideal dish, winemakers are bringing together their favorite grapes to produce trend worthy blends.
The expert staff at Total Wine & More stores across the United States have a keen sense for changes coming in the wine, beer and spirits market; and they have compiled their top insights for the coming year. As 2012 draws to a close, 2013 trends will include:
- Spirits – Irish Whiskey: Its no secret that whiskey has become the sweetheart of the spirit industry, seeing a dramatic rise in its mainstream following. For 2013, palates will become even more specific, and tastemakers at Total Wine & More predict nearly a 10% growth in Irish Whiskey sales over the next five years. Its bold, yet smooth taste combined with its mix-ability and pocket friendly price point make it an ideal option for new and seasoned whiskey drinkers alike.
- Beer – Sour Beers: As food palates move beyond sweet and salty, so do the palates of beer drinkers. 2013 will be a year that celebrates the mouth puckering world of sour beer, shedding new light on the acidic, tart tastes of beer styles like the Belgian lambics, gueuzes, and Flanders red ale. More and more customers have come into the stores asking about sour beers and Im sure this will be a popular beverage in 2013, says Total Wine & Mores Rob Hill, manager of special programs.
- Wine – Wine on the sweet side: Total Wine & Mores expert wine stewards have no doubt that the rise in sweet wine will continue strong. This trend is reflected in the growing number of menus featuring Moscato and pink sparkling style wines, as well as a spike in requests for sweet wine tastings in Total Wine & More stores. Some of the finest wines in the world are sweet, including Sauternes, Ports, Tokaji; a trend which will find its way to wines of all price points in the coming years.
For more information on Total Wine & More, including locations, in-store events, educational classrooms and more, visit http://www.totalwine.com.
About Total Wine & More
Total Wine & More operates 88 wine superstores in 14 states. The companys vast selection of products, combined with low everyday prices and expertly trained wine associates, brings a unique shopping experience to the consumer. Total Wine & More has the distinction of being Beverage Dynamics 2008 Retailer of the Year, Market Watchs 2006 Retailer of the Year, and Wine Enthusiasts 2004 Retailer of the Year. Since opening its first store in 1991, Total Wine & More has been committed to being the premier wine retailer in every community that it serves. For more information and store locations, please visit http://www.totalwine.com.
Jamie Hinz Duo Public Relations for Total Wine & More 206-957-8305 Email Information
- ^ http://www.totalwine.com (www.totalwine.com)
- ^ http://www.totalwine.com (www.totalwine.com)
- ^ Email Information (www.prweb.com)
Complete World Bartender Guide: The Standard Reference to More than 2,400 Drinks (Mass Market Paperback) tagged “wine and spirits” 2 times
Sat, 3 May 2008 16:38:01 GMT Complete World Bartender Guide: The Standard Reference to More than 2,400 Drinks (Mass Market Paperback)By Glade Smithe Buy new: $7.99184 used and new from $0.01 Customer Rating: Customer tags: reference(2), wine and spirits(2), cocktails, drink recipes, bartending, spirits, classic cocktails, mixology, cherylg http://www.amazon.com/Complete-World-Bartender-Guide-Reference/dp/055329900X/ref=tag_rso_rs_edpp_url?ie=UTF8&creative=381421&tag=thedays-20
Centennial Fine Wine and Spirits: 'Inventory liquidation!' | Eats Blog
As Robert Willonsky reports over on the Biz Beat blog, Centennial Beverage Group is on the ropes and getting rid of all its inventory at fire-sale prices. The company was close to a deal with competitor Goody Goody, but that … http://eatsblog.dallasnews.com/2012/12/centennial-fine-wine-and-spirits-inventory-liquidation.html/
12 Days of Giveaways, Day 9 Astoria Park Wine & Spirits
Day 9 of We Heart Astoria's 12 Days of Giveaways is for a $50 gift certificate to Astoria Park Wine & Spirits. http://weheartastoria.com/2012/12/12-days-of-giveaways-day-9-astoria-park-wine-spirits/
Booze Cakes: Confections Spiked With Spirits, Wine and Beer by Terry Lee Ston…
United states wine and spirits revenue stamps
Click here for more information about 'Total Wine & More Serves Up Spirit, Beer And Wine Trend Predictions For 2013'.