Wine Import Business Startup
How to Start, Run, and Grow Your Own successful Wine importing Business from Home
Have you ever wanted to be your own boss?
Are you longing to quit your 9 to 5 job and work from home?
Do you also enjoy sipping a crisp chardonnay or a smooth, oaky merlot?
What if I told you that you can enjoy this lifestyle while making money, too?
In this Wine Import Business Startup book I show you how to start, run, and grow your own home-based wine import business step-by-step.
I have always appreciated wines. I guess you could say, I was in love with wine.
I knew what the supposed experts said about food and wine pairings. I knew how to describe the body and the tannin of the wine.
When I found myself out of work, laid off from my typical office 9 to 5 job, I was inspired by wine. One evening, while sipping a glass of my favorite casual red blend, I started examining the label.
Where did my wine come from? What was its journey to get to me like? Who comprised the components of that voyage? What kind of money did they make doing it?
I share with you what I learned as I researched where the wine we drink comes from. This curiosity launched my home-based wine import business.
I became my own boss!
I have been in this business for a few years now, and it’s as lucrative as ever. In my book, I show you how I got started and now how I continue to make my business thrive.
I am still just as in love with wine today as I was when I first started- probably even more so now!
In my book I will show you exactly what you need to get started with your own wine company brand. I have done most of the initial legwork for you.
You will learn:
- Some beginning business basics
- Get an idea of the estimated startup costs
- Tips on how to write a solid business plan
- Obtain an EIN
- How to apply for your basic importer permit
- When to get a wholesaler application
- How to apply to have your wine label approved
- When to get an FDA product registration
- When to enlist a customs broker
- Securing your broker’s Power of Attorney
- Advice for incorporating as a business
- When to complete a foreign registration
- Advice for creating a Website
- Doing market research
- Developing good packaging
- Listening to your customers
- Why you should attend trade shows
- Understanding the terms of a wine sale
Don’t worry, reading this book won’t sound like you’re studying for an MBA. In fact, I believe that real life rarely mirrors what you learn in a classroom setting.
This book is full of time-tested advice from someone who is actually inside the industry. I am encouraged to share my Knowledge with you!
We’ll discuss other topics such as:
- Alcohol-based companies marketing codes
- The importance of social media
- How and where to utilize social media in your marketing strategy
- How to hone your social listening skills
- The regulations related to importing wine
- The TTB, the FDA and the USCBP (and why they are important!)
- Duties and taxes related to your business
- Why infrastructure and logistics matter
- How to private label your wine import business brand
- How to find good wineries to work with
- Understanding your pricing, profit and cash flow
- Expanding to other states
- Building your unique brand
As an added Bonus, I also included a glossary of wine shipping laws for all 50 states plus the District of Columbia.
Now, for a limited time, if you purchase the paperback edition of this book on Amazon, you can download the eBook version for FREE!