The world of food is huge, and Food & Wine magazine covers it thoroughly. From tasty gourmet recipes you can make at home to the best food lover’s destinations, from handy tools that belong in every kitchen to a rundown of the world’s most exciting new liquors and wines, Food & Wine Magazine brings you exciting and useful articles and features. Each issue includes several long features and regular columns written by some of the best chefs and food experts in the industry.
Food & Wine magazine was founded on the principle that delights in the best food and drink should not be reserved for the self-appointed epicureans and experts, but should rather be accessible to everyone. Recipes are designed to be just as manageable for a chef hobbyist as an experienced restaurateur. Food meccas covered within its pages include ordinary places like Water Valley, Mississippi, as well as more exotic locales like New Orleans or Naples, Italy.
Regular columns in Food & Wine Magazine include suggestions for selecting the best foods and beverages, kitchen basics tutorials, wine guides, fast recipes, entertaining tips, and new foods to try. The online magazine portal enhances the print magazine with video tutorials and slideshows, and the blog has clever tips and ideas for enhancing your food and entertaining lifestyle. Even the magazine’s advertisements add to the content, keeping you informed of new foodie developments and providing fresh recipes and ideas the magazine has not yet covered.
For a magazine you’ll want to save and savor, a subscription to Food & Wine Magazine provides an ideal pairing.
Who Reads Food & Wine?
Food & Wine is the contemporary magazine for elegant dining and entertaining. Food & Wine is on a mission to find the most exciting places, new culinary experiences, emerging trends and sensations. Food & Wine readers are hungry for more than just the next great meal — they seek an energetic and stylish take on living well.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
- Chef Recipes Made Easy: Our test kitchens simplify recipes from great restaurants and famous chefs.
- Well-Being: Great, Healthy Recipes
- Wine Matters: Our regular column about wine
- Travel: An exploration of a thrilling food destination and recipes that bring the local cuisine to your kitchen. Each issue also contains a Recipe Guide and a Wine Guide, making it easy to find each recipe and wine within the pages of the magazine.
- Feature Articles: Feature articles in each issue cover a broad range of topics guaranteed to be of interest to our readers. Reports on new culinary trends, new restaurants, travel destinations with important and exciting culinary experiences, profiles of major chefs, advice about wine and wine pairings, and of course, amazing recipes — all tested and perfected in the Food & Wine test kitchen.
Special Issues Included in Your Subscription:
- Each July, the Food & Wine Best New Chefs are announced — naming ten up-and-coming rising stars in the culinary world. Past Best New Chefs include notables such as Daniel Boulud, Tom Colicchio, Todd English and Thomas Keller. The October issue focuses on wine, revealing the winners of Food & Wine‘s American Wine Awards.
The pages of Food & Wine are designed in a contemporary style. Recipes are easy to read and the instructions have been tested so they are complete and easy to follow. Feature stories are accompanied by beautiful, mouth-watering photographs.
Contributors are chosen for their knowledge of and passion for the culinary lifestyle, including luminaries in the restaurant world, such as Jacques Pepin and Jean-Georges Vongerichten, to cookbook authors, expert wine-makers and food artisans.
Comparisons to Other Magazines:
Food & Wine is not just a compilation of recipes, but rather covers the entire range of topics of interest for our sophisticated readers: profiles of chefs (from the luminaries of the restaurant world to the up-and-coming chefs who are the superstars of tomorrow), travel destinations explored through their tastes and flavors, and expert advice about the best buys in wine (from the most worthwhile splurges to great bargains) and wine pairings.
Most of the advertising in Food & Wine is specific to the culinary interests of its readers: including food products and ingredients, kitchen equipment, wine merchants, and destination travel advertisements.
The James Beard Foundation has honored Food & Wine many times over the years, for journalism about the restaurant industry, emerging food trends, and wine coverage. Food & Wine also was the Gold Winner of the 2008 Folio Eddie Award, for the September 2007 anniversary issue.
The Food & Wine Classic in Aspen is America’s premier culinary event. Hailed by the New York Times as “the granddaddy of them all”, the event features three incomparable days of cooking demonstrations, wine tastings, seminars and panel discussions by world-class talent, such as Jacques Pepin, Bobby Flay, Emeril Lagasse, Mario Batali, and Danny Meyer. Food & Wine is also proud to be a sponsor of Bravo’s Top Chef.