Taking a deeper look at the northern Rh?ne than Livingstone-Learmonth’s highly regarded previous volumes on the Rh?ne Valley, this revised and up-to-date edition covers more producers and includes more in-depth information on the various terroirs, the histories of the wines, and the methods for making the wines. Livingstone-Learmonth concentrates on letting the producers explain their outlook and methods and includes much local color.
The Wines of the Northern Rh?ne includes
* Assessments of thousands of wines, with guide dates onwhen to drink and how long to age them
* Winemakers’ views on what foods best accompany their wines
* New vineyard maps for each appellation
* Detailed descriptions by growers discussing the effect of different soils on their wines
* Precise information on how each domaine makes its wines
* New research on the historical links between Hermitage and Bordeaux
- University of California Press
Permalink to ‘The Wines of the Northern Rh?ne’
Click here for more information about 'The Wines of the Northern Rhône'.